Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the real part of the complex number.
- is the imaginary part of the complex number.
- is the imaginary unit of the complex number.
- COMPLEXNUM function converts the real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- A complex number is a combination of a real and an imaginary number.
- A number which is positive or negative, rational or irrational or decimals are called real numbers.
- An Imaginary number is a number that when squring it gives a negative result.
- For e.g. . Because a negative times a negative is positive.
- A complex number is a number is in the form , where and are real numbers and is the imaginary unit. Where
- In , here is the real part of the complex number, is the imaginary part of the complex number and is the imaginary unit of a complex number like or .
- To mention and , we must use the lower case only
- In a complex number real part is denoted by & imaginary part is denoted by .
- COMPLEXNUM returns the error value, when and are non-numeric.
- should be either or , otherwise it shows error value.
- A Complex number whose real part is zero is said to be purely imaginary.
- A Complex number whose imaginary part is zero is a real number. In that cases we have to assign '0' for that part.
- =COMPLEXNUM(5,2) gives
- =COMPLEXNUM(5,2,["j"]) gives
- The syntax is to calculate COMPLEXNUM in ZOS is
- is the real part.
- is the imaginary part.
- is imaginary unit which is either "i" or "j".
- E.x: COMPLEXNUM(-1..1,10..11,"j")