Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is any type like Ellipse or circle and so on.
- This function shows the values of the Lissajous curve.
- Lissajous Curve is a parametric plot of the harmonic system.
- It is also called Bowditch Curves.
- Lissajous used sounds of different frequencies to vibrate a mirror.
- A beam of light reflected from the mirror, was allowed to trace patterns which depended on the frequencies of the sounds – in a setup similar to projectors used in today's laser light shows.Lissajous figure is the intersection of two sinusoidal curves, the axes of which are at right angles to each other.
- Mathematically, this translates to a Complex harmonic function: In the Lissajous equation,a=1,b=1,A=1,B=1 and = radians, the figure is a circle.
- So these values substitute in the equation and it will shows the result.With the above values when =0,then the value will show for line.
- In the same way the ratio =1 and =0,then the values will be shown for ellipse.
- Suppose = 2, = , then the values will show for parabola.
- The Lissajous curve gets more complicated for other ratios, which are closed only if a/b is rational.