Jump to navigation Jump to search
- NOW(), returns the serial number of the current date and time.
- Dates are stored in the form of sequential numbers so that they can be used in calculations. e.g. January 1, 1900 is stored as serial number 1 and so on.
- Numbers to the left of decimal point represent serial number of current date.
- Numbers to the right of decimal point represent serial number of current time.
- This function does not have any arguments.
- TODAY() function can be used to display the serial number of today's date only.
1) The NOW() function displays the ouput in ZOS as follows -