Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the array of data .
- is the Percentile value.
- This function gives the percentile value in a given range.
- Percentile means any of the 100 equal parts into which the range of the values of a set of data can be divided in order to show the distribution of those values.
- The percentile of a given value is determined by the percentage of the values that are smaller than that value.
- For example we can have the percentile is the value below which 25 percent of the observations may be found.
- The 25th percentile is called as the first quartile (Q1), the 50th percentile as the median quartile (Q2), and the 75th percentile as the third quartile (Q3).
- In general, percentiles and quartiles are specific types of quantiles.
- In , is the array of data that indicating relative standing and is the Percentile value in the range (inclusive).
- This function will return the result as error when
1. The array value is empty. 2. is non-numeric or or .
7 2 9 PERCENTILE(C1:C4,0.4)=5.4
20 12 41 35 PERCENTILE(D1:D5,0.721)=33.26
3 4 PERCENTILE(A1:A3,1.1)=NAN