- Parameter are any integer values.
- PRODUCT(), Multiplies its arguments.
PRODUCT(34,99) returns 3366.
PRODUCT(0.1,5,-3) returns -1.5.
- Number arguments can be positive or negative.
- Function should contain at least one number (i.e. ) or range, else Calci displays an error message. There can be any number of arguments.
- If logical values, empty cells or text are entered directly as a part of argument, they are ignored.
- If arguments is an array or reference, numbers and logical values are considered. Empty cells and text are ignored.
- Logical values are evaluated as TRUE=1, FALSE=0.
- PRODUCT() can also be used for an array of numbers as -
PRODUCT(1..10) returns 3628800.
=PRODUCT(A1:A4) : Calculates the product of values in the range A1 to A4. Returns 1144 as a result. =PRODUCT(10,A5) : Calculates the product of 10 and reference A5 (value 0 for FALSE). Returns 0 as a result. =PRODUCT(B1:B3) : Calculates the product of values in the range B1 to B3. Empty cell is ignored. Returns -20 as a result. =PRODUCT(B4,2) : Calculates the product of reference B4 and 2. Text is ignored. Returns 2 as a result.