Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Parameters are set of numbers.
- STDEVPA(),calculates standard deviation based on the entire population, including numbers, text, and logical values.
- This function gives the standard deviation based on a entire population as the given data including the logical value and text .
- Standard Deviation is a quantity expressing by how much the members of a group differ from the mean value for the group.
- It is the used as a measure of the dispersion or variation in a distribution.
- It is calculated as the square root of variance.
- In , Parameters are set of numbers to find the standard deviation.
- Here First Parameter is required. From the second Parameter are optional.
- Instead of numbers we can use the single array or a reference of a array.
- STDEVPA is defined by the formula:
where is the sample mean of and is the total number in the given data.
- It is calculated using method.
- This function is considering our given data is the entire population.
- Suppose it should consider the data as the sample of the population, we can use the STDEVA function.
- For huge sample sizes the functions and are approximately equal values.
- The arguments can be either numbers or names, array,constants or references that contain numbers.
- Also we can give the text representations of numbers or logical values , like TRUE or FALSE, in a reference.
- Suppose the arguments containing TRUE which is evaluate as 1, and the arguments containing FALSE which is evaluate as 0.
- Suppose the array contains the empty cells and text values like that values are not considered.
- Suppose the function don't want to consider the logical values and text representations of numbers in a reference , we can use the * STDEVP function.
- This function will return the result as error when
1. Any one of the argument is non-numeric. 2. The arguments containing the error values or text that cannot be translated in to numbers.
- =STDEVPA(A1:E1) = 149.0597195757
- =STDEVPA(A2:G2) = 76.31463871127
- =STDEVPA(A3:D3) = 5.916079783
- =STDEVPA(2,12,22,32,false) = 12.09297316626478