Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is set of dependent values.
- is the set of independent values.
- STEYX(),returns the standard error of the predicted y-value for each x in the regression.
- This function gives the standard error of the regression, which also is known as the standard error of the estimate.
- It is calculates the standard error for the straight line of best fit through a supplied set of and values.
- The standard error for this line provides a measure of the error in the prediction of for an individual .
- The equation for the standard error of the predicted is:
where and are the sample mean and .
- In , is the array of the numeric dependent values and is the array of the independent values.
- The arguments can be be either numbers or names, array,constants or references that contain numbers.
- Suppose the array contains text,logical values or empty cells, like that values are not considered.
- This function will return the result as error when
1. Any one of the argument is non-numeric. 2. KnownYs and KnownXs are empty or that have less than three data points. 3. KnownYs and KnownXs have a different number of data points.
=STEYX(A1:F1,A2:F2) = 1.4525201161135368
=STEYX(A1:E1,A2:E2)) = 5.944184833375669
=STEYX(A1:A5,B1:B4) = NAN