- can be any set of real numbers.
- can be number of numbers from Bottom.
- AVERAGE(), returns the average of its arguments.
- This function gives the Average for given set numbers.
- Average means sum of all the given elements divided by Number of given elements.
- It is also called Arithmetic mean.
- i.e if numbers are given and each number is denoted by , where to , then
- In this function,the parameters can either be numbers,arrays,references of cells or we can enter the logical values directly.
- Arithmetic mean is the most common measures of central tendency.
- Central tendency is a single value that attempts to describe a set of data by identifying the central position within that set of data.
- The other common measures of central tendency are: Median,& Mode.
- A.M is calculated by adding the given set of numbers and divided by the count of the given set of numbers.
Average of 2,4,2,7,2,3 and 5 is 3.6
- Median: It is the middle number of a sorted list(Ascending order) of numbers.
The median of 2,2,2,3,4,5,7 is 3
- Mode: It is the most frequently repeated number in a given set of numbers.
The mode of 2,2,2,3,4,5 and 7 is 2.
- This function will show the result as Error,
- when the values are error values or text that cannot change in to numbers.
- AVERAGEBOTTOM([18,23,87,45,56,17,26,67,19,20],4) = 33
- AVERAGEBOTTOM([5,-2,7,8,11,20,25,-9,12,18,23,76,89,129,98],7) = 63.57142857142857