- is the value of the function
- and is degrees of freedom.
- This function gives the value of F probability distribution.
- This distribution is continuous probability distribution and it is called Fisher-Snedecor distribution.
- The F distribution is an asymmetric distribution that has a minimum value of 0, but no maximum value.
- In is the value of the function , is the numerator degrees of freedom and is the denominator degrees of freedom.
- This distribution is the ratio of two chi-square distributions with degrees of freedom r1 and r2, respectively, where each chi-square has first been divided by its degrees of freedom.
- The Probability density function of the F distribution is:
where is the Gamma Function.
- The gamma function is defined by .
When the value of df1 and df2 are not integers ,then it is converted in to integers.
- This function will give the result as error when
1. any one of the argument is non-numeric. 2. is negative 3. or and or
- The syntax is to find FDIST in ZOS is .
- is the value of the function.
- For e.g.,FDIST(85.2,22,18)
- =FDIST(20.6587,7,3) = 0.01526530981
- =FDIST(70.120045,12.2,6.35) = 0.000011229898
- =FDIST(10,1.3,1.5) = 0.134947329626
- =FDIST(-28,4,6) = NAN