- is the security's settlement date (a date when coupon or a bond is purchased)
- is the security's maturity date (a date when coupon or a bond expires)
- is the security's price per $100 face value
- is the amount to be received at maturity of a bond
- is the type of day count basis to use
- DISC(), returns the discount rate for a security.
DISC(SettlementDate, MaturityDate, Price, RedemptionValue, Basis)
- and should be entered either in 'date format' or 'dates returned using formulas'. If dates are not valid, Calci displays #N/A error message.
- If >= , Calci displays #N/A error message.
- If <=0 or <=0, Calci displays #N/A error message.
- value is optional. If omitted, Calci assumes it to be 0.
Below table shows the use of values:
|0||US (NASD) 30/360|
- If value is other than 0 to 4, Calci displays #N/A error message.
If 'B' is number of days in a year, and 'DIM' is number of days from 'Settlement' to ' Maturity', the DISC is calculated as -
Consider the following example that shows the use of DISC function: