Jump to navigation Jump to search
- where, is the cost of the asset
- is the date of purchase of asset
- is the end of first period
- is the salvage value at the end of life of asset
- is the accounting period
- is the rate of depreciation
- is the year basis to be used
- AMORLINC(), returns the depreciation for each accounting period.
- The function calculates the decrease in value of asset for the mentioned period.
- If > , Calci displays #N/A error message.
- also called as 'residual value' is the remaining value of an asset after it has been fully depreciated.
- If is <=0, Calci displays #N/A error message.
- If is omitted, Calci assumes it as 0.5 years(6 months).
- value is optional. If omitted, Calci assumes it to be 0.
Below table shows the use of values:
|0||360 days (NASD)|
|3||365 days in a year|
|4||360 days in a year (European)|
- If value is other than 0, 1, 3 or 4, Calci displays #N/A error message.
Consider the following example that shows the use of AMORLINC function: