- Where is an 'array of values' or 'reference to set of values' from which frequency of values is to be counted, and
- is an array or a reference to intervals in which values can be grouped.
- FREQUENCY(), returns a frequency distribution as a vertical array.
- is an input array from which frequency of values is to be calculated.
- If does not contain values, it returns array of zeros.
- is an array of intervals in which input values are to be grouped.
- If has no values, Calci returns the number of values in DataArray.
- Blank cells are considered as zero value.
- Text values are ignored.
- The syntax is to calculate this function in ZOS is
- For e.g.,FREQUENCY([14,16,17,20,13,18,29,-0.6],[12,20,25,27])
Below table shows the use of FREQUENCY function:
=FREQUENCY(A1:A8,B1:B3) : Returns the frequencies as 3(for values < 10), 3(for values between 10 and 30),
2(for values between 30 and 50), 0(for values > 50). Displays 3 3 2 0 as a result. =FREQUENCY(A1:A9,B1:B3) : Returns the frequencies as 4(for values < 10, A9 is considered '0'),
3(for values between 10 and 30), 2(for values between 30 and 50), 0(for values > 50).
Displays 4 3 2 0 as a result.