Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is any text.
- UNESCAPE () computes a new string.
- is any text to be decoded.
- The unescape() function computes a new string in which hexadecimal escape sequences are replaced with the character that it represents.
- The escape sequences might be introduced by a function like escape.
- The unescape function is a property of the global object.
- Usually, decodeURI or decodeURIComponent are preferred over unescape.
- So in the result a new string in which certain characters have been unescaped.
- unescape('abc123') = abc123
- unescape('%E4%F6%FC') = äöü
- unescape('%u0107') = ć