- where, is the security's issue date (a date when coupon or a bond is issued)
- is the first interest date
- is the security's settlement date (a date when coupon or a bond is purchased)
- is the security's annual coupon rate
- is the security's par value
- is the number of coupon payments per year
- is the type of day count basis to use
- ACCRINT() returns the accrued interest for a security that pays periodic interest.
- Accrued interest is the interest accumulated on a bond since the last interest payment up to, but not including, the settlement date.
- is the date after issue date when security or bond is purchased by customer.
- , and dates should be entered either in 'date format' or 'dates returned using formulas'. If dates are not valid, Calci displays #N/A error message.
- If >= , Calci displays #N/A error message.
- If is omitted, Calci displays #N/A error message.
- If <=0 or <=0, Calci displays #N/A error message.
- The values for should be 1,2 or 4.
For Annual payment, Frequency = 1,
For Semi-annual payment, Frequency = 2,
For Quarterly payment, Frequency = 4.
- value is optional. If omitted, Calci assumes it to be 0.
Below table shows the use of values:
|0||US (NASD) 30/360|
- If value is other than 0 to 4, Calci displays #N/A error message.
Consider the following example that shows the use of ACCRINT function: