Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the set of values.
- is any condition value.
- This function shows the Average of given set of numbers which satisfies the given condition.
- In , is the given set of numbers.
- Condition is a number, expression, cell reference, or text.
- Average means sum of all the given elements divided by Number of given elements.
- It is also called Arithmetic mean.
- i.e if numbers are given and each number is denoted by , where to , then
- In this function can either be numbers,arrays,references of cells or we can enter the logical values directly.
- Arithmetic mean is the most common measures of central tendency.
- Central tendency is a single value that attempts to describe a set of data by identifying the central position within that set of data.
- The other common measures of central tendency are: Median,& Mode.
- So this function calculates the average value which satisfies the given condition.
- For example AVERAGEIF([10,20,23.3,67,87,98.3,12.3,45.3,90],"<13") =11.15
- AVERAGEIF([2,3,11,13,17,26,34,47],">5") = 24.666666666666668
- AVERAGEIF([154,876,143,12.4,90,54.7],"<798") = 90.82
- AVERAGEIF([-20,87,-99,67.4],">0") = 77.2