Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Where is the value at which to evaluate the function.
- is the integer which is the order of the Bessel Function.
- Returns the modified Bessel Function Kn(x).
- This function gives the value of the modified Bessel function when the arguments are purely imaginary.
- Bessel functions is also called cylinder functions because they appear in the solution to Laplace's equation in cylindrical coordinates.
- Bessel's Differential Equation is defined as:
where is the arbitrary Complex number.
- But in most of the cases α is the non-negative real number.
- The solutions of this equation are called Bessel Functions of order .
- Bessel functions of the first kind, denoted as .
- The Bessel function of the first kind of order can be expressed as:
- The Bessel function of the second kind .
- The Bessel function of the 2nd kind of order can be expressed as:
- So the form of the general solution is .
are the modified Bessel functions of the first and second kind respectively.
- This function will give the result as error when:
1. or is non numeric 2. , because is the order of the function.
- BESSELK(5,2) = 0.005308943735243616
- BESSELK(0.2,4) = 29900.24920401114
- BESSELK(10,1) = 0.00001864877394684907
- BESSELK(2,-1) = #N/A (ORDER OF FUNCTION < 0)