Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This function shows the Contour plot of a matrix.
- Contour lines are often given specific names beginning "iso-" according to the nature of the variable being mapped, although in many usages the phrase "contour line" is most commonly used.
- Contour(Z) draws a contour plot of matrix Z, where Z is interpreted as heights with respect to the x-y plane.
- Z must be at least a 2-by-2 matrix that contains at least two different values.
- The x values correspond to the column indices of Z and the y values correspond to the row indices of Z.
- The contour levels are chosen automatically.contour(Z,n) draws a contour plot of matrix Z with n contour levels where n is a scalar.
- The contour levels are chosen automatically.Contour(Z,v) draws a contour plot of matrix Z with contour lines at the data values specified in the monotonically increasing vector v.