Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This function shows name of the days of the week.
- The names of the 7 days of the week in most Latin-based languages come from the Roman calendar, which related each day with 7 celestial bodies considered to be gods: the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.
- The 7-day-week provides a clear method of representing dates and times to avoid misinterpretation between people from different countries with varying traditions for writing numeric dates and times.
- According to the international standard,Monday is the first day of week.
- Although this is the international standard, several countries, including the United States, Canada, and Australia consider Sunday as the start of the week.
- Hence this function displays SUNDAY as the first day in the list.