Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Where is the range of cells that makes up the list or database
- shows which column is used in the function and
- is the range of cells that contains the specified criteria.
- DVAR(), estimates variance based on a sample from selected database entries.
- A argument can be expressed as "Salary" (a column name) or 3(position of the column).
- can be any range on the Calci with minimum of one column and at least one row indicating the condition.
- The columns should not overlap the list of data.
=DVAR(A4:C10,"Age",C1:C3) : Calculates the estimated variance for 'Age' column in the range A4 to C10, for the cells with Salary>8000.
Returns 41.9524 as a result. =DVAR(A4:C10,3,B1:B3) : Calculates the estimated variance for 'salary' in the range A4 to C10, for the cells with 40>Age>30.
Returns 2819444.4444444445 as a result.