Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is any number.
- is any decimal value.
- This function used to fix the given decimal places.
- In , is any number.
- is number which is used to correct the decimal places.
- To fix the decimal numbers the following rule is to be followed:If 5 or above then round the last number up.
- If 4 or below the last number stays the same.Suppose to round off decimal numbers to the nearest hundredths, look at the digit in the thousandths place.
- When the digit in the thousands place is < 5, the thousandths place and following digits are replace by 0.
- When the digit in the thousands place is = or > 5, the digit in the hundredths places is increased by 1 and the following digits become 0.
- FIXEDBAD(189.434,2) = 189.43
- FIXEDBAD( 27.987,1) = 27.9
- FIXEDBAD(2.14326,4) = 2.1432