Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the probability value associated with gamma distribution
- & are the values of the shape and rate parameters.
- gives accurate value of the solution.
- is any positive integer.
- GAMMAINV(),returns the inverse of the gamma cumulative distribution.
- This function gives the inverse value of Cumulative Gamma Probability Distribution.
- This distribution is the Continuous Probability Distribution on the positive real line and it is of the reciprocal of a variable distributed according to the gamma distribution with two parameters & .
- It is used in Bayesian statistics.
- In , is the probability value associated with Gamma Distribution, is called shape parameter and is the rate parameter of the distribution.
- If , then .
- GAMMAINV use the iterating method to find the value of .
- Suppose the iteration has not converged after 100 searches, then the function gives the error result.
- This function will give the error result when
1.Any one of the arguments are non-numeric 2. or 3. or
- =GAMMAINV(0.65189,2,5) = 11.1335534510
- =GAMMAINV(0.006867292,5,7) = 8.155481331
- =GAMMAINV(0.1543869,9,3) = 18.0467153645
- =GAMMAINV(1,9,3) = 82.51739521528073
- =GAMMAINV(1.1,9,3) = NAN, because