Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the set of values.
- is the particular condition value.
- This function shows the Standard Deviation of the given set which satisfies the given condition.
- In , is the set of values.
- is the particular condition which satisfies the Standard deviation value.
- Standard Deviation is the quantity expressed by, how many members of a group differ from the mean value of the group.
- It is the used as a measure of the dispersion or variation in a distribution.
- It is calculated as the square root of variance.
is defined by the formula:
where is the sample mean of and is the total numbers of the given data.
- It is calculated using method.
- This function is considering our given data is the sample of the population.
- Suppose it should consider the data as the entire population, we can use the STDEVP function.
- The arguments can be be either numbers or names, array,constants or references that contain numbers.
- Suppose the array contains text,logical values or empty cells, like that values are not considered.
- When we are entering logical values and text representations of numbers as directly, then the arguments are counted.
- Suppose the function have to consider the logical values and text representations of numbers in a reference , we can use the STDEVA function.
- This function will return the result as error when
1. Any one of the argument is non-numeric. 2. The arguments containing the error values or text that cannot be translated in to numbers
- STDEVIF([19,17,23,10,12,15,22],">10") = 4.1952353926806065
- STDEVIF([22,24,27,32,10,18,45,43,55,14],"<15") = 2.8284271247461903
- STDEVIF([22,24,27,32,10,18,45,43,55,14],">15") = 13.046619704516788