Jump to navigation Jump to search
- and are radius value of the circle.
- TORUS() shows the Torus for the given value.
- is the radius value of the bigger circle.
- is the radius value of the smaller circle.
- A torus is a surface of revolution generated by revolving a circle in three dimensional space about an axis co planar with the circle. *If the axis of revolution does not touch the circle, the surface has a ring shape and is called a torus of revolution.
- For example of TORUS are rings, doughnuts, and bagels.
- A torus can be defined parametrically by:
where , are angles which make a full circle, so that their values start and end at the same point.
- is the distance from the center of the tube to the center of the torus.
- is the radius of the tube.
- is known as the "major radius" and is known as the "minor radius".
- The ratio R divided by r is known as the aspect ratio.
- The typical doughnut confectionery has an aspect ratio of about 3 to 2.