Jump to navigation Jump to search
- where, is cost of the asset
- is the date of purchase of asset
- is the end of first period
- is the salvage value at the end of life of asset
- is the accounting period
- is the rate of depreciation
- is the year basis to be used
- AMORDEGRC() returns the depreciation for each accounting period by using a depreciation coefficient.
- The function calculates the decrease in value of asset for a mentioned period considering the depreciation coefficient depending on life of assets. This function is used in French accounting system.
- If > , Calci displays #N/A error message.
- If is <=0, Calci displays #N/A error message.
- If is omitted, Calci assumes it as 0.5 years(6 months).
- 'Basis' value is optional. If omitted, Calci assumes it to be 0.
Below table shows the use of 'basis' values:
|0||360 days (NASD)|
|3||365 days in a year|
|4||360 days in a year (European)|
- If 'basis' value is other than 0, 1, 3 or 4, Calci displays #N/A error message.
- The Depreciation coefficients used in calculation are referred as follows:
|Life of Assets||Depreciation Coefficient|
|Between 3 and 4 years||1.5|
|Between 5 and 6 years||2|
|More than 6 years||2.5|
- If life of assets is other than above mentioned years, Calci displays an error message.
Consider the following example that shows the use of AMORDEGRC function: