Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the value between and
- and are the value of the shape parameter
- & the lower and upper limit to the interval of .
- BETADIST(),returns the Beta Cumulative Distribution Function.
- This function gives the Cumulative Beta Probability Density function.
- The beta distribution is a family of Continuous Probability Distributions defined on the interval [0, 1] parameterized by two positive shape parameters, denoted by and .
- The Beta Distribution is also known as the Beta Distribution of the first kind.
- In , is the value between and .
- Alpha is the value of the shape parameter.
- Beta is the value of the shape parameter
- and (optional) are the Lower and Upper limit to the interval of .
- Normally lies between the limit and , suppose when we are omitting and value, by default value with in 0 and 1.
- The Probability Density Function of the beta distribution is:
where ; and is the Beta function.
- The formula for the Cumulative Beta Distribution is called the Incomplete Beta function ratio and it is denoted by and is defined as :
=, where ; and is the Beta function.
- This function will give the result as error when
1.Any one of the arguments are non-numeric. 2. or 3. ,, or
- we are not mentioning the limit values and ,
- By default it will consider the Standard Cumulative Beta Distribution, LowerBound = 0 and UpperBound = 1.
- The syntax is to calculate BEATDIST in ZOS is .
- is the value between LowerBound and UpperBound
- and are the value of the shape parameter.
- For e.g.,BETADIST(11..13,3,5,8,14)
- =BETADIST(0.4,8,10) = 0.35949234293309396
- =BETADIST(3,5,9,2,6) = 0.20603810250759128
- =BETADIST(9,4,2,8,11) = 0.04526748971193415
- =BETADIST(5,-1,-2,4,7) = #N/A (ALPHA GREATER THAN (OR) NOT EQUAL TO 0)