Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the text you want to find.
- is the text or string that contains the text you want to find.
- is the number to start the search.
- FIND(),finds one text value within another (case-sensitive).
- FIND is used to locate the starting position of a search text in another string. ie, it will search the text inside another string and will return the starting position of the text inside the string.
- First character in is character number 1. By default is assumed to be 1 and is optional.
- FIND is used with languages that use the single-byte character set(SBCS).
- FINDB is used with languages that use the double-byte character set (DBCS).
- The default language of your computer will result in the return value
- counts each character. It wont depend on default language setting.
- counts double-byte character as 2.
- and are case sensitive. It won't allow wildcard characters.
- If is "" (NULL), FIND matches with the first character in the search string.
It will return ERROR when:
1. must not be wildcard characters. 2.If is not there in 3.If is greater than the length of .