Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is any Julian date value.
- This function used to convert the Julian date in to Gregorian date format.
- In , is any Julian date format.
- The Gregorian calendar is today's internationally accepted civil calendar and is also known as the Western or Christian calendar.
- The Gregorian calendar's predecessor, the Julian Calendar, was replaced because it was too inaccurate.
- It did not properly reflect the actual time it takes the Earth to circle once around the Sun, known as a tropical year.
- The Gregorian Calendar is the most widely used calendar in the world today.
- It is a solar calendar based on a 365-day common year divided into 12 months of irregular lengths.
- Eleven of the months have either 30 or 31 days, while the second month, February, has only 28 days during the common year.
- Also every four years a day is include on 29 February which is making the leap year in the Gregorian calendar.
- So Gregorian Calendar is having 366 days in leap year.
- Here Gregorian date values are converted in to Julian Date.
- GREGORIANDATE(2457980.5) = Tue, 15 Aug 2017 00:00:00 GMT
- GREGORIANDATE(2363216) = Wed, 01 Mar 1758 12:00:00 GMT
- GREGORIANDATE(2400000) = Tue, 16 Nov 1858 12:00:00 GMT