Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the array of independent values
- is the array of dependent values.
- PEARSON(),returns the Pearson product moment correlation coefficient.
- This function gives the Pearson Product-Moment Correlation Coefficient.
- It is denoted by PPMC, which shows the linear relationship between two variables.
- It is a measure of the strength of a linear association between two variables .
- The two variables and , giving a value between +1 and −1 inclusive.
+1 indicates the perfect positive correlation, 0 indicates no correlation -1 indicates the perfect negative correlation.
- The formula for PPMC, is defined by:
where and are Average of the two Samples and .
- In , the value of and must be either numbers or names, array,constants or references that contain numbers.
- Suppose the array contains text, logicl values or empty cells, like that values are not considered.
- This function will return the result as error when the number of values are different for and .
=PEARSON(A1:C1,A2:C2) = 0.968619605
=PEARSON(A1:D1,A2:D2) = 0.034204238054579846
=PEARSON(A1:C1,A2:B2) = NAN