Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the number to be ranked.
- is the range of numbers .
- indicates the number is ranked in ascending or descending order.
- This function gives the rank of a given set of numbers.
- It is based on the value of a number, relative to the other numbers in the list.
- In , is the number to be get ranked, is the range of the cells to find the ranking the number and indicates the number is ranked in ascending or descending order.
- If is zero, then the list of the numbers getting in descending order.
- If is 1, then the list of the numbers getting in ascending order.
- When we are not mentioning the value, then it will give the set of numbers in descending order.
- gives the spare numbers that having the same rank.
- The occurrence of the spare number affects the ranks of the next numbers.
- This function will return the result as error when any one of the argument is non-numeric.
- =RANK(7,A1:E1,0) = 4
- =RANK(7,A1:E1,1) = 2
- =RANK(4,A2:G2,0) = 5
- =RANK(4,A2:G2,1) = 3
- =RANK(-1,A2:G2,0) = 7
- =RANK(0,A3:H3,0) = 3
- =RANK(0,A3:H3,1) = 6
- =RANK(-18,A3:H3,1) = 4