Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the array of values.
- is the type of sampling.
- is the number of samples.
- and is the logical value.
- SAMPLING(),Samples the data by Random or Periodic method
- This function gives the sample from a entire range of values.
- Sampling is used in statistical analysis in which a predetermined number of observations will be taken from a larger population.
- The methodology used to sample from a larger population will depend on the type of analysis being performed.
- In , is the array of values which contains the population of values to find the sample.
- is the Sampling type either Random or Periodic.
- RANDOM:Here we have to mention the random Number of Samples. The number of values is taken from random positions in given array of values. A value can be selected more than once.
- PERIODIC: Here we have to mention the Period at which we want sampling to take place. Sampling stops when the end of the input range is reached.
- is the number of random values that we want in the result.
- Each value is drawn from a random position in the given array, and any number can be selected more than once.
- is logical value like TRUE or FALSE.
- TRUE is indicating the result will display in new worksheet. Suppose we are omitted the value it will consider the value as FALSE.