Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Units to be display.
- SPEEDOFLIGHT(), returns the speed of light per year.
- This function shows the value of speed of light.
- The speed of light value is .
- The approximate value is approximately .
- It is exact because the unit of length, the meter, is defined from this constant and the international standard for time.
- Speed of light is the distance of light which can travel in a unit of time through a given substance.
- Speed of light in vacuum is denoted by c.
- The speed at which light propagates through transparent materials, such as glass or air, is less than c.
- Similarly, the speed of radio waves in wire cables is slower than c.
- A light year, or the distance light can travel in a year, is over five trillion miles.
- Light from the sun takes about eight minutes to reach the Earth.
- Speed of light is mainly used in Einstein's formula .
- SPEEDOFLIGHT("cm") = 29979245800 cm s-1.
- SPEEDOFLIGHT("mm") = 299792458000 mm s-1.
- SPEEDOFLIGHT("km") = 299792.458 km s-1.