Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the set of values.
- is the particular condition value.
- This function gives the standard deviation based on a entire population as the the given data which satisfies the given condition.
- In , is the set of values.
- is the particular condition which satisfies the Standard deviation value.
- Standard Deviation is a quantity expressing by how much the members of a group differ from the mean value for the group.
- It is the used as a measure of the dispersion or variation in a distribution.
- It is calculated as the square root of variance.
- is defined by the formula:
where is the sample mean of x and n is the total numbers in the given data.
- It is calculated using method.
- This function is considering our given data as the entire population.
- Suppose it should consider the data as the sample of the population, we can use the STDEV function.
- For huge sample sizes the functions and are approximately equal values.
- The arguments can be either numbers or names, array,constants or references that contain numbers.
- Suppose the array contains text,logical values or empty cells, like that values are not considered.
- When we are entering logical values and text representations of numbers as directly, then the arguments are counted.
- Suppose the function have to consider the logical values and text representations of numbers in a reference , we can use the STDEVPA function.
- This function will return the result as error when
1. Any one of the argument is non-numeric. 2. The arguments containing the error values or text that cannot be translated in to numbers.
- STDEVPIF([2,7,19,20,43,65,77,81],"<10") = 2.5
- STDEVPIF([2,7,19,20,43,65,77,81],">10") = 25.235006549544533
- STDEVPIF([10,10.01,10.001,10.2,10.002,10.02,10.3],">5") = 0.11333947562387037