- Where is the security's settlement date (a date when coupon or a bond is purchased),
- is the security's maturity date (a date when coupon or a bond expires),
- is the number of coupon payments per year, and
- is the type of day count basis to use.
- COUPDAYBS(), returns the number of days from the beginning of the coupon period to the settlement date.
COUPDAYBS(Settlement, Maturity, Frequency, Basis)
- and dates should be entered either in 'date format' or 'dates returned using formulas'. If dates are not valid, Calci displays #N/A error message.
- If date = date, Calci displays #N/A error message.
- The values for should be 1,2 or 4.
For Annual payment, frequency = 1,
For Semi-annual payment, frequency = 2,
For Quarterly payment, frequency = 4.
- value is optional. If omitted, Calci assumes it to be 0.
Below table shows the use of values:
|0||US (NASD) 30/360|
- If value is other than 0 to 4, Calci displays #N/A error message.
Consider the following example that shows the use of COUPDAYBS function: