- Where is the security's settlement date (a date when coupon or a bond is purchased),
- is the security's maturity date (a date when coupon or a bond expires),
- is the number of coupon payments per year, and
- is the type of day count basis to use.
- COUPDAYS(), returns the number of days in the coupon period that contains the settlement date.
- COUPDAYS() calculates the number of days between the coupon dates surrounding the settlement date.
- and dates should be entered either in 'date format' or 'dates returned using formulas'. If dates are not valid, Calci displays #N/A error message.
- If ≥ date, Calci displays #N/A error message.
- The values for should be 1,2 or 4.
For Annual payment, Frequency = 1,
For Semi-annual payment, Frequency = 2,
For Quarterly payment, Frequency = 4.
- value is optional. If omitted, Calci assumes it to be 0.
Below table shows the use of values:
|0||US (NASD) 30/360|
- If value is other than 0 to 4, Calci displays #N/A error message.
Consider the following example that shows the use of COUPDAYS function: