Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This function shows the division of the numbers.
- Division is one of the four basic operations of arithmetic.
- Division is splitting into equal parts or groups.
- Division is the repeated subtraction and it is the opposite of Multiplication.
- The division of two natural numbers is the process of calculating the number of times one number is contained within one another.
- In DIVIDE(),first number is the dividend and second number is the divisor.
- Dividend is the number being divided.Divisor is a number that will divide the dividend exactly.
- For example,DIVIDE(20,4),20 is the dividend and 4 is the divisor.
- An integer is called a divisor of the number if dividing by leaves no reminder.
- Divisor of a number is also called a factor of a number.
- DIVISORS(10) = 1 2 5 10
- The proper divisors of a positive integer N are those numbers, other than N itself, that divide N without remainder.
- For N > 1 they will always include 1, but for N = 1 there are no proper divisors.
- The proper divisors of 6 are 1, 2, and 3.
- PROPERDIVISORS(10) = 1 2 5
- ALIQUOTDIVISORS(15) = 1 3 5
- DIVIDE(1000,50) = 20
- DIVIDE(300,7) = 42.857142857142854
- DIVIDE(379.45,22) = 17.24772727272727
- DIVIDE(-50,5) = -10
- (10006785432188888888n).divide(2665n) = 3754891344160933