Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is set of values.
- This function is showing the result for multiple correlation.
- In , are set of values.
- Correlation is a statistical technique which shows the relation of strongly paired variables.When one variable is related to a number of other variables, the correlation is not simple.
- It is multiple if there is one variable on one side and a set of variables on the other side.
- If we have a series of measurements of and written as and where then the Sample Correlation Coefficient is:
- and are the sample means of and .
- The above formula is used for simple correlation.
- Now consider the variables x,y and z we define the multiple correlation as:
- is the correlation of x and y.
- is the correlation of y and z.
- is the correlation of z and x.
- Here x and y are viewed as the independent variables and z is the dependent variable.
- This function will give the result as error when
1. are non-numeric or different number of data points. 2.is empty 3.The denominator value is zero.