Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the initial cost of the asset
- is the value at the end of the depreciation
- is the number of periods over which the asset is depreciated
- is the Ending periods to calculate the depreciation
- is the Starting periods to calculate the depreciation
- is the rate at which the balance declines
- is a logical value specifying whether to switch to straight-line depreciation when depreciation is greater than the declining balance calculation.
- This function computes the depreciation of an asset for any period you specify, using the double-declining balance method.
- To calculate depreciation, VDB uses a fixed rate.
- When factor = 2 this is the double-declining-balance method (because it is double the straight-line rate that would depreciate the asset to zero).
- The rate is given by:
|3||Number of Periods||12|