Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the number
- This function is a group of Information Functions that can be used to find out information about a specific.
- The IS FUNCTION is also known as data information functions, data inspection functions or data-testing functions.
- These functions are simple data validation and data type checking functions.
The ISFUNCTIONS are listed below:
- refers to an empty cell.
- refers to any error value except #N/A.
- refers to any error value
- refers to a logical value.
- refers to the NaN error value.
- refers to any item that is not text.
- refers to a reference.
- refers to text.
- refers to a number.
- where is value to check with the function.
The can be any type like empty cell, Boolean values,text,non text,number,reference-value or name referring to any of these.
- This function will give the result as either TRUE or FALSE according to the value.
- This function will not convert to numbers from text.
- Function will consider as string if its written in quotes("").
- "20" will be not be considered as number since its written inside quotes. So ISNUMBER("20") returns FALSE, because "20" will be considered as string.
- =ISEVEN(28) = TRUE
- =ISODD(28) = FALSE
- =ISNUMBER(A) = FALSE
- =ISBLANK(0) = FALSE
- =ISERROR(3/0) = TRUE
- =ISERR(2*6) = FALSE
- =ISNONTEXT(121*56) = TRUE