Jump to navigation Jump to search
- and any two set of values.
- This function shows the Vector Direct product.
- The third type of vector multiplication is called the direct product, and is written AB.
- In , and are the two vectors.
- Multiplying one vector by another under the direct product gives a tensor result.
- The rectangular components of the direct product may be found by matrix multiplication: one multiplies the column vector A by the transpose of B, which gives a 3X3 matrix:
- The direct product is non-commutative .
- A few vector product identities are of interest:
- VECTORDIRECTPRODUCT([1,2,3],[5,2,9]) = 36
- VECTORDIRECTPRODUCT([4,-3,5],[3.3,4.2,6]) = 30.599999999999998
- VECTORDIRECTPRODUCT([2,1,-3],[7,4,-9]) = 45