Jump to navigation Jump to search
- is the value of the Probability.
- NORMSINV(),returns the inverse of the standard normal cumulative distribution.
- This function gives the inverse of the Standard Normal Cumulative Distribution.
- In Normal Distribution formula, when the Mean is zero and the Standard Deviation is 1 then it is called Standard Normal Distribution.
- If , then .
- using the iterating method to find the value of .
- Suppose the iteration has not converged after 100 searches, then the function gives the error result.
- In , where is the probability value of the Standard Normal Cumulative Distribution.
- This function will return the result as error when
1.Probability is non-numeric. 2.Probability<0 or Probability>1.
- =NORMSINV(0.9999975333) = 4.567600
- =NORMSINV(0.00241) = -2.818823592
- =NORMSINV(1) = #N/A (PROBABILITY >0 (OR) PROBABILITY < 1)
- =NORMSINV(0.00001) = -4.264890794